- We will start giving our speeches on Monday in small groups and/or in class.
- Newsreel 2015-01-24 + Quiz.
- Newsreel 2015-02-07 + Quiz.
- Newsreel 2015-02-21 + Quiz.
- Lyrics training.
- Learn strategies how to search for the meaning of words with a handout.
- Grammar handout it/there.
- Watch the video clip!
- Read this newspaper article following the video clip. Make a wordlist of vocabulary you don’t know. Use glosor.eu! The words looked up should have the meaning used in the article. Compare your wordlists together with a peer and improve them.
- We read the text The whole truth – or just a yolk?.
- Read and tell a joke – Practise reading with fluency the jokes below, or another joke you would like to tell!
A: I’m in a big trouble!
B: Why is that?
A: I saw a mouse in my house!
B: Oh, well, all you need to do is use a trap.
A: I don’t have one.
B: Well then, buy one.
A: Can’t afford one.
B: I can give you mine if you want.
A: That sounds good.
B: All you need to do is just use some cheese in order to make the mouse come to the trap.
A: I don’t have any cheese.
B: Okay then, take a piece of bread and put a bit of oil in it and put it in the trap.
A: I don’t have oil.
B: Well, then put only a small piece of bread.
A: I don’t have bread.
B: Then what is the mouse doing at your house?!
Two factory workers are talking.
The woman says, ”I can make the boss give me the day off.”
The man replies, ”And how would you do that?”
The woman says, ”Just wait and see.” She then hangs upside-down from the ceiling.
The boss comes in and says, ”What are you doing?”
The woman replies, ”I’m a light bulb.”
The boss then says, ”You’ve been working so much that you’ve gone crazy. I think you need to take the day off.”
The man starts to follow her and the boss says, ”Where are you going?”
The man says, ”I’m going home, too. I can’t work in the dark.”